Wednesday, May 9, 2012

I have a HP Pavilion a6400f PC and I was wondering how can I upgrade my video card if it's attached to the mb?

My video card is attached to the motherboard and so is everything else. I want to upgrade my v-card so I can play more online games i.e. Aion, Warhammer Online, etc.. Please help! Thanks|||If your video card is integrated into the motherboard (as in its not a separate card that is attached to one of the slots in the motherboard) you cant upgrade that. You can however buy a graphics card that attaches to an expansion slot in the motherboard. And if your current graphics card is in an expansion slot already, it will be easy to replace the current one with a new one. If getting a new card... make sure he slot matches the slot type on the motherboard. The are 2 standard out there right now, AGP and PCIe. PCIe is newer and more common but the are still motherboards and graphics card in the AGP format so make sure you get the right kind.|||if you have the pcie slot is the only way - if not, then you are out of luck - is there a diff color slot (about same length) above all the white slots? that may be it. then you can buy a card

No comments:

Post a Comment