Monday, May 7, 2012

Quick question about taking out a video card?

I'm taking out the video card that I put into my desktop computer a few years ago, and I was wondering if all I have to do is take it out? Will my computer automatically go back to onboard video, or do I need to do something with that four wired cord (red/black/black/yellow) that was plugged into my video card? Thanks!!|||You don't need to do anything with the power cord to your old video card, unless you install a new one that needs it. The integrated video card on your motherboard is soldered on, and requires no plugs. As mentioned, just turn it on through your BIOS if you need to (the start-up screen before windows loads... usually you push DEL, or some other key to get into it).|||Normally it will revert right back.. unless you disabled onboard in the bios. Otherwise.. you are good to go with pulling it out.|||it should...try it...the worst thing that it could do is not work so then just put it back in

No comments:

Post a Comment