Friday, April 27, 2012

What's a mid grade video card that I can put in my Dell Precision 670 Workstation?

I've tried different kinds but I always have the same problem. I can't get any video at all. The same problem comes no matter Nvidia or ATI. I'm looking to spend up to $200.|||http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as…|||Im not too familiar with ATI cards, but for nVidia cards, which are way better, you should look for anything form the 7600GS and up to and including the 8600GS, anything above that is high-end expensive ($250 and up), but before you buy the card, make sure that the card will fit an AGP slot, because 99.99% of dells and their respective motherboards use and AGP video card slot, and if you buy a PCI-E card, you'll have to return it, good luck and email any other questions|||Just go to newegg.com it all depends what you want and what you are going to do with it. I would recommend a 512mb graphics card but a 256mb will work if you are not going to do gaming check out this site for your options http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductLis…



As for no video you may have to enable the card in device mangier and make sure that you get the drivers properly installed. Note some older dells do NOT have AGP slots know what slots you have before you buy.|||Geforce 8400 GS



DX 10 support and its only like 50 bucks

No comments:

Post a Comment