Thursday, April 26, 2012

Should I buy a new video card/ram or just a new PC?

Hi, I recently noticed that my computer is hella slow when running multiple applications and lags a bit in some games even in the lowest quality, so I'm just wondering, should I buy a new PC or just buy a new graphic card/ram? Here's my specs:





Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.070227-2254)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: VIA Technologies, Inc.

System Model: PM800-8237

BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG

Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.40GHz

Memory: 448MB RAM

Page File: 346MB used, 710MB available

Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS

DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode



I have to let you all know that I'd rather not use so much money on a new PC, I just want to know your suggestions. And also, would my computer handle RAM/VIDEO CARDS? If I bought a new computer I would have to buy one that is 800 or less.. Thanks!|||i own a computer repair company and in my opinion

if u are willing to spend 800 dollars i would upgrade that pc

the one thing u did not specify is wether or not u are running nvidia or ati

so i will answer for both options



if ur using nvidia already on ur motherboard u should get this graphics card for 450 dollars,

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150309



if u are using ATI u should get this card,

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814103052



with either card u use u should get this ram or this amount (u did not specify wat type of ram u have)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820161230



i build custom computers for large companies and some individuals, if u would like to email me some more info i could design a custom system for u within ur pricerange, my email is designer@peytongraphics.com







|||I think you got a very good system. I suggest to increase the memory to 1GB. Make sure you got enough memory slots available and correct memory for you computer.|||I think you need to consider some spring cleaning. When was the last time you defragged your computer? Deleted your tempoary internet files lately? Ran Spybot? ran adawareSE? Removed programs that aren't being used? Checked your hard drive for free space? compressed the files on your hard drive? Chose what programs you absolutely needed running in startup? ran cc cleaner? Right click on C: drive in my computer and then click on properties; you should see how much space you actually are using and what you have remaining . . . its a pie graph . . . click on disc clean up; then click on tools after you finish the disk clean up; and you can see how to defrag . . . you cant hurt it. there are bunches of little tricks that you can do to speed up your computer. I suspect you have some spyware running in the background, and that is what is slowing you down. If nothing else buy a flash drive and move some of your stuff to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment