Friday, April 27, 2012

Changing my Laptop video card?

I have a Toshiba laptop (I don't know where to look to get more details).



I like to play games on it, but the game moves slow when I enter "high traffic areas" (areas with the most movement/actions).



I'm thinking about getting a better video card but I don't know how to change a LAPTOP video card. Can you give me links or take me through all of the steps?



Thanks!|||On consumer-level notebooks, there is no video card but rather a graphics "chip" in your system's Discrete Logic ( a subsystem hardwired* or etched** on the motherboard ) that CANNOT be replaced.



One way you can ensure the best total (graphics, video and otherwise) performance of your PC is to install the MAXIMUM amount of RAM that it can take.





The rule on that is determined by two limits:



1) Your OS (32-bit (XP or Vista) will have a limit of 4 GBs (about 3.5 for Windows and 0.5 for the hardware subsystem) and 64-bit (XP or Vista depending on version) can go from 8 to 128 GBs)



2) Your PC slots number and physical RAM acceptance (varies by manufacturer and model line***)





* Hardwired means soldered to the motherboard

** Etched means burned on the motherboard ( those gold circuits lines )





*** The easiest way to get that information is to visit the support site of the PC manufacturer.|||You can't, the video circuitry is part of the system board.|||You can change but buy NVIDIA GeForce 295 . You dont try to open the laptop you might do something else by mistake . Go to your Vendor.

But if you have a Intel card you can't

See here http://www.computing.net/answers/hardwar…|||In laptops, there is not a separate video card. You can't change it.

No comments:

Post a Comment