Tuesday, April 24, 2012

What is needed to run Windows Aero, a video card or a graphics card ?

Hi!

I've got a Windows Vista Ultimate edition on my computer.

In my computer I've no video card , and my graphics card is VGA , and I want to have windows aero.

The video card and the graphics card are expensive , so I can only buy one of these, the thing is , i don't know which one is needed to have Windows Aero, a Video Card or a Graphics Card or Both ?

please help me ?

thanks|||Graphics and video cards are the same thing, so that should clear a ton of confusion.



First thing you should do is look to see whether you have pci-e x16 slots on your motherboard or agp x8 slots. In the case of PCI slots (modern), i recommend for a budget an ati radeon 3850 (90$) or an nvidia geforce 9500 GT (70$). These will easily handle aero and graphic intensive stuff with ease. If youve got a little more money, you should look at the blazing fast ATI 4850 (170$) or Nvidia 9800 GTX+ (200$).



I have windows aero, and i never use it. You should get a card because it makes your computer run much smoother, not for some windows feature. |||Well I am personally using an NVIDIA Geforce 9800 Black edition which is $239.99. I think when microsoft released vista they required at least a decent video card if you have an onboard intel GMA 950 which is relatively old then you're in good shape. Or if you have some super amazing high power graphics card then yes, no questions asked|||Video card = graphics card. They're the same thing.



You will probably need to spend at least 75 to 80 dollars to get a graphics card decent enough to run aero. But without knowing anything about your computer, it's impossible to recommend one.

No comments:

Post a Comment