Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Would the following video card upgrade help my system run 3d games significantly better on high settings?

current video card: nVidia 7300 GS 512MB Video



video card I am looking to get: BFG GeForce 7950 GT / 512MB GDDR3 / SLI / PCI Express / Dual DVI / HDTV / Video Card for 270 dollars.



I just downloaded a 3dmark program and my score was 835 3d marks (SM2.0 score of 310). HDR/SM3.0 Score of 275 and a CPU Score of 1713...does this mean that my video card is the weakest link and if so will this new video card help out the performance of my Pentium D 3.4 ghtz 2gig DDRAM System for running 3d games like Guild Wars and Neverwinter Nights 2 on the highest quailty with little or less freeze frame lag compared to what I have now? Thanks.|||If you have that card and your game is lagging, you might need a RAM upgrade. The card you have now is fine. I run a 7800 256MB card on max settings while playing very intense games such as BF 2 and BF2142. I have great performance. I also run 3 gigs of shared RAM.



No need to upgrade that graphics card unless you have the money just lying around.

No comments:

Post a Comment