Friday, May 4, 2012

Can I upgrade the video card in my Acer Aspire 5612WLMi laptop?

When I run www.systemrequirements.com it says that I pass all the requirements for playing new-gen games such as Battlefield 2142 etc. apart from the video card criteria. My video card is a Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950, which is crap, can I upgrade it with a aNVidea 7000 or something? thanx|||No, you can't. That's the biggest limitation when buying a laptop for gaming.



Very few laptops have an upgradeable video adapter.|||Most Laptops have a similar problem....the video card is built into the motherboard to save space. These are not upgradeable. I'd check with the store you bought the laptop from to confirm this though.|||ask who you are buying it from first



try not to use a laptop for games, normal pc's are cheaper and easier to upgrade than laptops

No comments:

Post a Comment