Friday, May 4, 2012

My video card stopped working?

i accidentally kicked my cpu last night which made my computer freeze. i restarted it and my monitor just showed a black screen all throughout. i can hear the windows startup but my monitor just shows me a black screen, as if it was not turned on but it is. the monitor's power indicator is also blinking.



i tried plugging it to the integrated video card and it worked fine.



my video card has been working properly for a year already so i guess it's compatible with my system.



can anyone suggest a way on how to fix this? other than buying a new one.|||Check the cables and make sure the video card is fully inserted. (Maybe when you kicked it, something came loose.)|||You may have knocked the graphics card loose when you bumped into it. Power down and disconnect the power cord, open the side panel, touch bare metal on the case frame to ground yourself, then check the card and look for any other connections that may have also been affected by your attempt at a fifty yard field goal.|||Your only chance would be if the card is not seated properly.|||look over for any loose connections on the video card, especially if externally powered, then if there are any solder them, quickly so as not to fry near by components.

No comments:

Post a Comment