Friday, May 4, 2012

To update my video card?

I bought a Asus essentio desktop pc. I figured I'd have to upgrade the video card to make it enjoyable for myself.(I share it with my wife) I'm planning to upgrade to a ati radeon hd 5750 1gb gddr 5750 pci express card. I'm pretty good with electronics but not software. My question is what software problems can I expect. The desktop is the asus essentio model cm5671-05|||If it has windows 7, then pretty much no software problems, just make sure to go to the ati website and download the latest drivers after you install the card.|||You check to check how many watts your power supply has. A powerful card will require a powerful power supply. Since the pc is prebuilt you should hope that the power supply has at least 500w, anything more is a bonus. Also make sure the power supply in your pc has a spare 6 pin connection. If it doesn't have one or neither of these you will need to replace the power supply too.



Another thing is after you've installed the card, you will need to disable the on board video which you have to go into the BIOS and do.



If you have Windows 7, don't use the drivers disc included with the graphics card. Go to game.amd.com to download the latest drivers.

No comments:

Post a Comment